I teach oil painting predominately, but some members of the group choose to draw and/or use watercolour or other media…it’s up to you.
If you have some paints and maybe an easel or a small desktop easel pls bring them along. Some people stand and others work at a desk.
Also, bring something to paint on, i.e. a small canvas or canvas board.
If you don’t have these things, don’t stress, just come along, and I’ll get you started on something anyway.
Any questions, pls call or email.
As many people often ask which colours to bring please see below my suggested starter palette:
- Zinc white
- Titanium white ( or a mixture of these 2 whites)
- Cadmium Yellow pale or light
- Cadmium Yellow deep
- Yellow Ochre
- Earth Red – Venetian, English etc
- Cadmium Red
- Alizarin Crimson
- Cobalt Blue
- Ultramarine Blue
- Transparent Oxide Red (or Burnt Sienna, Burnt Umber)
- Please note! I do not recommend spending a lot of money on your starter set until you are certain that painting is for you! ‘Student’ grade paints, which are cheaper are more than acceptable to start with.